Translate

Tuesday 14 May 2013

About a Girl mid Month challenge - My DT reveal

" Bursting at the Seams" using a sunburst... fantastic challenge at About the Girls

I had just been looking at photos from a few years back when I was about to do this challenge and I could not get the Australia day pics out of my head and then the sunburst and the Australian flag and ...... well it had to be done !! LOL

This page is rather bold with the red, blue and white..... but it definitely (well to me ) represents Australia Day. All that beautiful sunshine and so many people on the oval, so many food stalls from different nationalities, rides for the kids and music for the children early in the evening and then a band playing those classic songs to dance to ... if you want to ..... mainly still the children! and then the fireworks, which are always spectacular. So here is my layout

 
 
This is my Daughter and Grand Daughter. Every year Jodie gets the wash off tattoos for the whole family and the kids dress in Aussie colours..... they all look so gorgeous!
 
I wanted to put the Southern Cross on the page, but I soon discovered that 7 pointed stars are too hard to draw so I googled a image, printed it and cut the stars out... easy peasy!

 
So for all you Aussies out there.... "Aussie  Aussie  Aussie  oi  oi  oi "

I will definitely be using this sunburst idea again ..... more in the way the other DT girls have done....darn that flag...it had to be done!!

Thanks for looking
Leanne xx



No comments:

Post a Comment